Thursday, April 5, 2012

Morning Routine

Morning Routine
Oil on Canvas
12"X12"
On this morning's walk with Rosie I thought about words that describe my current state of mind.
Trouble is, it is now afternoon and I have forgotten what they were.
One was "longing." I remember that. Having been moved to tears yesterday when I happened upon a large photograph of my mother striking a Yoga pose, looking radiant at 75.
"Friendship" was in there for sure. Today I dropped everything to have lunch with a good old friend, giving the day shape and meaning way beyond that any painting could convey. "Balance" should have been there if it wasn't. Because it's all one big balancing act. Life. Work. Longing. Come to think of it, that Yoga pose my mother did was the essence of balance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment