Monday, August 30, 2010

Trees Turning


Trees Turning 2
Oil on Wood Panel
3"X2"
Trees Turning 1
Oil on Wood Panel
2"X3"
If it weren't for the boats being hauled and people packing up, you might think summer would never end. It's hot. So hot I didn't want to do anything but sit in the shade reading a book, or stick my feet in the water which was almost warm as the tide rolled in over the hot rocks. Painting small was all I could manage. Applying paint while holding the little wood panel in the palm of my hand gives me so much pleasure, I wonder why I don't just paint tiny all the time. My neighbor's maples are on the verge of changing color, shadows are longer, and days are noticeably shorter. I am relishing the peace and quiet that blankets the island when everyone is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment