Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August is Here

August is Here
Oil on Wood Panel
10"X10"
The last several days I was busy framing and hanging paintings to show at the island library. Always a challenge for me, especially here without proper tools. Then yesterday there was food and drink to prepare for the reception at 5. Thankfully, my husband was back from his sailing adventure and did the lion's share of procuring from the mainland. I always resent taking time away from painting in the studio, but once all the people arrived, I have to admit, I loved watching them peruse the paintings and read the accompanying entries from this blog. Old friends showed up who I hadn't yet seen this summer, and I was glad to see them there. It felt like a harvest party. August is definitely here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment