Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August Window 1

August Window 1
Oil on Canvas
24"X18"

Last week family came. We did a lot of nothing together every moment. Like a dream, the days flowed by effortlessly. This island takes you back in time. A little nostalgia set in. Remembering when...we were a young family and procuring and preparing food, finding treasures on the beach, and playing games took all day. Then they left and I had to reflect on it all for a few days. Back in the studio this afternoon I promised myself I would start painting on bigger canvases. It's now or never. Summer's end is on the horizon. What have I got to lose?

2 comments:

  1. very nice, Susan. I like the colors, and you've captured the movement of the curtains nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Susan. I'd love to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete

Comment