Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sutton Island


Sutton Island West
Oil on Wood Panel
2"X3"


Sutton Island East
Oil on Wood Panel
2"X3"
It was clear from first light that yesterday morning was meant for rowing. Calm, sunny, smooth.
Rosie and I set off across the bay to Sutton Island. First around the west end of the island where an abandoned Osprey nest sits up on a high rock. A substantial bush has taken root right in the middle of the nest. Nature doing it's tenacious thing. I thought about circumnavigating the whole island, but instead I came back around and rowed, hugging the shore, all the way to the east end where birds were sunning themselves on the rocks. By then the breeze had come up so I headed for home, feeling as if I had been in a different world. Slow. Calm. Peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment