Tuesday, March 29, 2011

More Ant and Bee

More Ant and Bee
Oil on Wood
6"X8"
It isn't that I haven't been painting lately. I have. On large canvases. It will be awhile before any of them turn up here, but whatever happens, I think it has pushed me to try new things which trickle down to small paintings so all isn't lost. I certainly have missed doing daily little paintings and posting them and the immediacy of that discipline, not to mention hearing from people who see them.
It's been a dark time. It rained most of the month and gray was the color that dominated my palate. The world is embroiled in staggering death and destruction making my struggle with putting paint on canvas seem mighty insignificant. Now that the sun is shining, I see glimmers of light and am hoping to get back to my more positive self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment