Friday, April 9, 2010

Got It

This week I ordered a pair of earrings from Barb Fernald. She lives on an island and I love her blog. The earrings arrived packaged in a sweet little box carefully wrapped in Tiffany blue tissue. A handwritten card was enclosed. Composed while riding the ferry there were even water marks from the spray. I put the earrings on and wore them around all day and into the night. It felt a lot like a gift. As beautiful as they are (and they exceeded my expectations), their real value is in the human touch that came with them and that will be remembered with each wearing. No more whining from me about the discomfort of selling art to friends.
I get it. Connecting with the artist enhances the whole experience of owning and in this case wearing the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment