Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fog Bank

Fog Bank
Oil on Wood Panel
11"X14"
I don't know about this. I just might paint over it later today.
On another subject entirely:
I am not brand. You are not a brand. People are not brands. Products. Entities. Ideas maybe. But human beings? No. Don't put me in a container and call me done. The first thing that will happen is I will clamor to escape, do something that doesn't fit the "image" and everyone will be scandalized. That goes for athletes, actors, artists, politicians and all the rest. We are human. We will change over time. We will become who we are through engaging with life. One long adventure of success and failure that no one can predict least of all ourselves.
My father was one of the founding architects of branding products and businesses. I learned much of what I know from him and from having worked by his side for 10 years. He reinvented himself over and over and over again. I intend to do the same. Because I'm a human being, not a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment