Thursday, September 23, 2010

California Cows 2

California Cows 2
Oil on Wood
6"X6"
Like the squirrels gathering nuts, when Fall comes, I want to store up ideas. Searching for inspiration anywhere I can find it. Last night I went to hear Jonathan Safran Foer at City Arts and Lectures. Not only did I love his first two books, but he's married to Nicole Krauss who wrote my all time favorite, "The History of Love." Read it. And then read it again.
He said he writes to "create an emotional/aesthetic atmosphere." He's interested in "what's visible, what's invisable, what's lost." That struck a chord. To keep in mind while painting. My next assignment.
Then he quoted someone who commented upon the birth of his baby, "Everything is possible again." Oh my. Does that ever touch my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment