Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Reading 1

Summer Reading 1
Oil on Canvas
8"X6"
It was gray, foggy, and raining most of the weekend. Warm, but wet. Indoor weather. Along about April I start collecting books I think I will want to read on the island. I never know which ones will be the ones that will capture my imagination until I am here. So I keep a stack next to the bed and try them on as the days go by. A few favorite lucky stones from the beach keep the book jackets from curling in the moisture. And then there's always the island library which is full of unexpected treasures, discarded paperbacks, and the friendliest librarian on earth. I made this painting with that in mind. It will be auctioned at the Cranberry Island Library Fundraiser, 3 p.m., July 22, at Heliker-LaHotan Foundation, always a rousing good time in a lovely setting.

1 comment:

Comment