Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Airing Out


Airing Out
Oil on Wood Panel
10"X10"
This morning began early with an errand. I needed to bring new paintings to the gallery on Islesford, a short boat ride away. That meant first digging out the rowboat outhaul which had been buried by the last high tide. Next there was seaweed sewn onto the line to remove. Then a nice row on smooth water to the whaler which started after several tries and I was off to the neighboring island. After a short visit with Dan and Cynthia Lief at the Islesford Dock I headed back to pick up my mail and get a few things at the store where half the town was standing around chatting about nothing in particular. By the time I rowed home and put the boats back on their moorings, it was lunch time. People always ask what we do here. There's your answer. Not much. Takes all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment