Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Big Oak 2

Big Oak 2
Oil on Wood Panel
9"X12"
After a great evening hearing David Sedaris with a dear friend on Friday, I spent my big birthday weekend in Sonoma alone with my dog, Rosie. Painting, reading, swimming, and just looking at life. I had assured everyone that that was exactly how I wanted it, and it was. But I must admit that while I enjoyed the peaceful solitude there were moments that I longed to have my family by my side.
Then. As evening approached, my husband returned from his travels. With a gift. The only thing I ever wanted. He knows me that well. There stood one of our daughters! Spirited home from 3000 miles away. A complete and welcome surprise.
Savoring this moment with Family. And friends who function like family. I have more than my share. Life is so good.



1 comment:

  1. Susan - I just had to write you note and tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your posts and looking at all your little paintings.There has been something so soothing and comforting about each image. You may not have heard, but my dad passed away in early May, and I've looked forward to seeing you're work whenever you post a new one. Today's blog about your daughter (Emily?) really hit home. I'm "savoring this moment.' Safe travels. Look forward to seeing you on July 3rd. Sam Reece

    ReplyDelete

Comment