Friday, May 29, 2020

Hope 40


Hope 40
Oil on Wood
6"X6"


The huge rabbits that inhabit our land are always on the run. I guess they are foraging for food and avoiding predators, real and imagined, which is what I've been doing lately as well.  Only she does it without the angst that I have brought to our current situation. 
The constant awareness of danger that lurks who knows where is wearing me down. The invisible enemy is always on my mind. With so many conflicting instructions for staying safe, the threat of becoming infected or equally horrifying, infecting someone else is ever present. Fear is not good for one's well being.

As I happened upon this rabbit she stopped in her tracks, looking like a chocolate Easter bunny, hoping, I guess, that I wouldn't notice her presence.
When I got too close, she took off, safe for another day. That's her life and she does it well. 

Today in the pursuit of reducing angst,  I confided in dear friends, watched the wildlife cope with life, and painted through the afternoon. 
Safe for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment