Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dark Turn of Mind

Dark Turn of Mind
Oil on Wood
12"X12"
Among other things, my sister and I share the same taste in music. In June she sent me her newest find, Gillian Welch's new CD, "The Harrow & The Harvest." Gray, sultry and soulful it has been my studio  sound track all summer. Listening over and over to Welch's humid voice I heard something new each time. The words, the music, and the even the titles, all perfect little works of art. This is the music that inspired me and will forever sum up my summer. "Dark Turn of Mind" is the title of the second track which I played over many times while making this painting. I love the song and am grateful to Welch for her work. And to my sister who has known me longer and better  than anyone else on earth.http://www.npr.org/2011/07/18/137823880/the-fresh-air-interview-gillian-welch-david-rawlings?sc=emaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment