Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Hope 52


Hope 52
Oil on Wood
6"X6"

I am feeling better than ever today. It may have something to do with our belated big birthday gathering in my sister's secret garden yesterday evening. The birthday was big. The gathering was very small. I felt safe and loved and half my actual age. Given the circumstances, not even my whole family could be there. But we will do it again one day.
When darkness fell, we watched slides (yes, slides taken by my father long long ago, expertly edited by my daughter and put into a vintage carousel she procured, projected on a sheet strung between two photo light stands).  Seeing beautiful images of ourselves and our parents and grandparents and this land that I love was dreamy. I remembered how it felt to be 6 and 8 and 16 and 20. Even now I am moved to tears.
As for today's painting of a young bird perched at the top of a young tree on this magnificent land, life goes on, and I am filled with deep gratitude for the life I have been given and for the amazing people that have accompanied me on the journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment